- 11/2 cups Penne Pasta, boiled al dente
For Puttanesca sauce:
- 6 Roma tomatoes, skinned seeded and pureed
- 1 Medium onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 Can of black olives, pitted and halved
- 5-6 Big cloves of garlic, chopped small
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 1/4 cup of your favorite wine
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flake
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
For garnish :Grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves
Take a deep vessel, heat the oil and sauté onions and garlic till slightly caramelized. Add tomato puree , stir. Add the wine and cook the sauce for another 5-6 minutes. Now open the can of olives, add some of liquid from the can and add the pitted and halved olives next. Add capers, pepper flakes and salt to taste. Stir and remove from heat.
Drain the pasta u boiled. Take a platter , lay some pasta and douse a generous portion of the sauce over .
Garnish with grated cheese and fresh basil.