- 1/2 lb Orzo pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 6 oz Pitted kalamata or black olives,halfed
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- a clove of garlic , grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
In the meantime, dice and slice all the vegatables for the salad and place in a salad bowl.
For the vinaigrette- pour the oil in a mixing bowl, add grated garlic , salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon, add and whisk . The lemon juice helps in emulsification.
Once the pasta is done , strain and rinse it quickly under normal water. Let it strain again . Now add the warm pasta to the diced vegetables in the salad bowl . Pour the vinaigrette over and mix lightly. Crumble feta over the salad . Toss.
Serve when the pasta is still warm or otherwise at room temperature.
You'll simply love it for dinner lunch or brunch !!