Back home from an evening run , i was relaxing and contemplating what to eat for a light light dinner. Salad with some carbs fitted my idea well. So i headed to my farmland , my fridge .. and i instantly had a "yum yum ! at first sight " with the innocent avocados, corn and lime..
Super quick and easy.
- 1 Avocado, seeded and diced
- 1/4 Red onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup, corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Black beans
- Handful of fresh coriander/cilantro leaves
- ( recommended additions- sweet red bell pepper and juicy mangoes)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of a lemon or lime
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Start by mixing and making a vinaigrette . Keep aside
Now open the can of beans, rinse and drain. Take a bowl and mix the corn , beans, avocado, onions and cilantro and pour over the vinaigrette. Avocados turn dark immediately once peeled and diced so u would want to pour the vinaigrette sooner.
Savour the creamy ,crunchy, tart and sweet salad. Enjoy