I love avocado in its various avatars. And guacamole comes to my mind instantly, whenever i hear of the fruit.
This creamy, chunky , tart dip makes a perfect pairing with thin and crisp tortilla chips. A definite layer in my seven layer dip. Makes an excellent appetizer!
- 2 Ripe Hass Avocados, cored
- 1 Jalapeño, finely chopped
- Juice of a fresh lemon ( add more to your taste)
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
- Chopped cilantro ( optional)
- Salt to taste
Halve and pit the avocado. Scoop the flesh from the halves into a bowl and mash with the help of a fork. Leave it chunky if u like. Stir in the lemon juice quickly to prevent the avocados from darkening. Add the onions, jalapeno, salt and cilantro. Mix.
Place in your serving bowl and garnish with chopped scallions or tomato!
And ya dig in ,with loads of chips to accompany :)